CHICAGO (AP) When Joe Serpico closes his eyes

For better information about your surroundings while you fly. (Market link)
douhua2233

CHICAGO (AP) When Joe Serpico closes his eyes

Postby douhua2233 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 am

CHICAGO (AP) When Joe Serpico closes his eyes Anaheim Ducks Hoodies Womens , he can go right back to that day in 1961.Serpico’s big Italian family gathered for cake and coffee for his 10th birthday. On a table full of presents, there was one unwrapped Wieboldt’s department store box from uncle Jerry ”The Barber” Del Giudice – a pair of game-worn jerseys from Chicago Blackhawks stars Bobby Hull and Glenn Hall – a moment of pure joy that stayed with Serpico forever.”I knew their birthdays, I knew these guys, this was my whole life, was hockey,” he said, ”and at 10 years old to get a gift coming from the two of them was phenomenal.”Serpico, born and raised in Chicago, grew up, got married and had five children with his wife Linda, four girls and one boy. The jerseys went along for the ride, tucked away for safe keeping. But that changes this weekend, when bidding on the signed Hull jersey comes to an end as part of Heritage Auctions’ Platinum Night Auction.Serpico, 66, wore the Hull jersey when he touched the Stanley Cup a couple years ago – a surprise present from one of his daughters – and something changed.”That was on my bucket list,” he said, ”and I feel like, maybe I could share it with somebody else. I hope it ends up in the right hands. I don’t know. … I’m having a hard time letting it go.”Serpico’s uncle was a colorful character who served as the team barber for decades Anaheim Ducks Hats Womens , becoming friendly with Hull, Hall and several other players. He went to the old Chicago Stadium to cut their hair on Wednesdays, or they would come to one of the family barbershops on the weekend on occasion, creating lines of kids looking for autographs that ran around the block, according to Serpico.Hull and Hall were packing up after the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 1961 when Del Guidice mentioned Serpico’s birthday was coming up.”He was down there and he said `Hey, you know in a couple weeks is Joey’s birthday. It’d be nice if I brought him something,’ and Bobby and Glenn threw him a jersey,” Serpico said. ”That’s the story that was given to me.”Hull was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1983, and there is a statue of him outside of the United Center in Chicago. The high-scoring forward played 15 of his 23 seasons with the Blackhawks, but Chris Ivy, the director of the sports category for Heritage, said game-worn Hull jerseys from his Chicago days are ”pretty scarce.””I’d say there’s only a handful of them known in the hobby,” he said. ”Now there is some from his other teams. There’s some from the Jets and from Hartford. But the Blackhawks jerseys, there’s not a whole lot.”Heritage analyzed Serpico’s jersey – looking at the numbers, the fonts and other parts of the sweater – and determined it’s from the 1958-59 season, Hull’s second year in the league.”This may be one where his uncle asked either Hull or the equipment manager, you know, Hull said `Hey Custom Anaheim Ducks Jerseys , I want to give a jersey away to my buddy. Do you have an old one laying around?”’ Ivy said, ”and I suspect that’s how they got a jersey in ’61 that had actually been used a couple years previous.”Decades after Serpico got the jerseys from his beloved uncle, he got each of them signed.Hall asked Serpico to try on his No. 1 sweater one last time, and the Hall of Fame goaltender later sent Serpico a hand-written letter thanking him for being a fan. Hull’s No. 9 was retired by the Blackhawks – like Hall and No. 1 – but the jersey up for auction is No. 16, which Hull wore for a short time at the beginning of his career. And Hull was impressed by Serpico’s knowledge of the numbers from his career.”Bobby looked at me and he started laughing. He’s like `OK, so you do remember a lot of the history,”’ Serpico said.Del Guidice died a few years ago at age 81, and Serpico said he wishes his uncle was still around to share his own stories. Serpico’s family lived in the same Chicago neighborhood when he was growing up, and his uncle served as his godfather for confirmation and a consistent resource in his life.While the Hull jersey is heading for another home – ”I don’t even know if I’ve done the right thing about it,” Serpico said – Hall’s sweater is staying put. Probably forever.”My son’s comment … if he was here, he’d tell you `My dad’s going to be buried in that jersey and only that jersey,”’ a chuckling Serpico said.—Online:Heritage Auctions: https://www.ha.com—Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Nashville coach Peter Laviolette pulled out a bull’s head to lighten the grind of the 82-game NHL regular season and challenge the Predators to get a couple of road wins.Win both games in western Canada, and Laviolette would put on the bull’s head while talking to reporters.The Predators won both contests, beating Calgary 5-3 and shutting out the Oilers in Edmonton 3-0 on Saturday night.So Laviolette put on the bull’s head.“Guys want to have fun at the end of the day,” Laviolette said Monday. “When there’s a couple minutes left in the game and Roman (Josi) finally puts in the empty netter and they’re laughing at me and calling for Bushwhacker at the press conference you know I’m in trouble. So like I said, it was fun. It was good to go up there and win a couple games and just have some fun.”This isn’t the first time, and likely not the last www.coyotesproshop.com , that Laviolette has offered up a quirky challenge to his Predators. Last season, Laviolette and his coaches wore Christmas suits during a game just before the holiday.Laviolette’s wife, Kristen, spotted the bull’s head at a store and brought it home knowing her husband would use it somehow. The bull’s head reminded Laviolette of the famed rodeo bull, Bushwhacker.“He goes into teams’ buildings and he dismantles people,” Laviolette said of the now-retired Bushwhacker. “And we needed that type of an effort going up into western Canada.”Credit Josi the captain with figuring out that Laviolette would wear the bull’s head while talking to reporters if the Predators won both games.With the victories, the defending Presidents’ Trophy winners sit atop both the Central Division and the NHL with 14 points and a 7-1 record having won five straight games.“When he tried it on, everybody was laughing because it actually moved with his mouth, which was pretty sick,” forward Filip Forsberg said. “So yeah, he’s a man of his word. Everybody appreciated that.” Defenseman P.K. Subban was among those who shot video of Laviolette wearing the head, and photos were on the wall inside the locker room Monday with the coach wearing the head and giving a thumb’s up beside goalie Juuse Saros. Two more photos show Laviolette talking with reporters.“Everybody got a good kick out of it,” Subban said. “I think professional sports sometimes can be a little too serious, so it’s always nice when you can have some fun like that with your coach.”Laviolette has made it very clear he will never wear the bull’s head again.“He’s done, he’s retired,” Laviolette said after practice Monday. “He won’t be coming back.”

dozana

Re: CHICAGO (AP) When Joe Serpico closes his eyes

Postby dozana » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 am

I could share it with somebody else.

Return to “War Thunder tactical map”